12 Jul Skillet Shepherd’s Pie
Posted at 09:52h in Dinner
- 1-pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups frozen corn thawed
- 2 cups frozen peas thawed
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granule
- ½ cup cold water
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3-1/2 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink ; drain. Stir in the corn, peas, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Combine the cornstarch, bouillon and water until well blended; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in sour cream and heat through (do not boil).
- Spread mashed potatoes over the top; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook until potatoes are heated through and cheese is melted.